Researcher at Departamento de Matematica of the Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria.
Member of the Analysis & Mathematical Modeling Valparaíso. AM2V
This is my email: a d r i a n a . p i a z z a * u s m . c l
My complete contact information is here.
sustainable management of natural resources
My Ph.D. was jointly co-guided by Roberto Cominetti (Universidad de Chile) and Pierre Cartigny (Universite de Montepellier II).
It concerned the optimal management of multiple species forests when
future benefits are discounted. I proved the existence and uniqueness of
an homogeneous state invariant under the optimal policy, the so-called sustainable state.
I discussed the conditions under which an optimal trajectory converges
in the long run towards this state or towards an optimal periodic cycle.
Now, I turn to economic dynamics and study turnpike properties of different models of forest plantations.
2011: Matemática 1, Mat 021.
2010: Matemática 2, Mat 022.
2010: Introducción a la Ingeniería (IWG 101).
2010: Complementos de Calculo.
2009: Convex Analysis. I taught Convex Analysis for the Mathematical Engeneering Master of the Universidad de la República of Uruguay.
2008: Linear programming. As part of the project FONDEF D05I10211, I taught Linear Programming to students of last year of Pedagogy in Mathematics.
2007: Linear Algebra
Recent and future talks
- 3er Coloquio Uruguayo de Matematica. December, 20-22, 2011, Montevideo, Uruguay.
- LXXX Encuentro Anual de la SOMACHI. November, 3-5, 2011, Los Andes, Chile.
- Jornadas de Matematica de la Zona Sur. April 27-29, 2011, Pucon, Chile.
- ICCOPT- Winter School.. Invited plenary speaker, July 24 - 25, 2010, Santiago, Chile.
- ICCOPT.. July 26 - 29, 2010, Santiago, Chile.
- CIMPA-UNESCO-URUGUAY research School. March 14 - 20, 2010, Solis, Uruguay.
- 84 Annual Conference of the Western Economic Association International. President-Elect Featured Session: "Advances on Capital Theory". June 29-July 3, 2009, Vancouver, Canada.
- CLAIO, Session: ''Sustainable management of natural resources''. 9--12 September 2008, Cartagena, Colombia.
- Workshop on Transport, Optimization, Equilibrium in Economics. 14--20 July 2008, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
- VI Jornadas Franco-Chilenas en Optimizacion (JFCO). 19--21 May 2008, Universite du Sud Toulon-Var, France
- Encuentro de la Sociedad de Economia de Chile (SECHI). 27,28 September 2007, Reñaca, Chile.
- Department of Economics, Southern Methodist University. February 2012, Dallas, US.
- RGEA, Universidad de Vigo. February 2010, Vigo, España.
- UMR MISTEA, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA). February 2010, Montpellier, France.
- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology. January 2010, Saudi Arabia.
- Department of Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. April-May 2009, Urbana-Champaign, IL, U.S.
- Department of Economics, Johns Hopkins University. May-June 2008, Baltimore, MD, U.S.
I am from Uruguay, a small South American
country that lies between Argentina and Brazil. The country population
is a bit more than 3 million people, so, roughly 1 in 2000 persons in
the world are from Uruguay. If you want to know more about my country, here is a page that two of my friends built and here is the link to the (a bit longer) wikipedia page.